- This event has passed.
HAWKES BAY PATROL CAPTAINS COURSE
5 November @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Senior Lifeguard Award – Patrol Captain provides information on what you need to know and be able to do as a patrol captain. The qualification also covers theory on leadership topics which are then put into practice during scenarios. This prepares Surf Lifeguards for the leadership role that is essential to being a successful patrol captain. The Senior Lifeguard Award – Patrol Captain is a prerequisite for the National Lifeguard School, the final step for members to obtain the Advanced Lifeguard Award.
To attend this course members must;
- Be a current member of a Surf Life Saving Club
- Be a minimum of 16 years old on the day of the course
- Have a current (refreshed) Surf Lifeguard Award
- Have a current (refreshed) Surf First Aid Certificate
- Have a Marine VHF Radio Operators Certificate or Radio Communications Module
- Have a minimum of two full seasons of patrolling experience
Please contact Sarnia Brewer or your club administrator to register.